1. Carolina Panthers – Aubrun QB, *Cam Newton
- It looks like its coming down to quarterback for the Carolina Panthers. The top two guys are Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert. The nod goes to Newton because of his upside. He’s the new breed of Quarterback, and with the right tutelage, can be very successful in the future.
2. Denver Broncos – Alabama DT, *Marcel Dareus
- Switching back to the 4-3 means the Broncos will have some major holes along the defensive line. In order to compete in a division that boast the best (Chiefs) and second best (Raiders) rushing attacks in the league, they’ll need to go beef here. Marcel Dareus is a perfect fit.
3. Buffalo Bills – Texas A&M OLB, Von Miller
- If Newton had slipped, the Bills would have jumped on it. Since he didn’t, the Bills need to infuse some speed and explosion on that defense. Sticking with the 3-4 means that a Predator Outside Linebacker must be added. Von Miller has Predator written all over him.
4. Cincinnati Bengals – Missouri QB, *Blaine Gabbert
- I may be alone on this pick and that’s okay. The Bengals need a number one receiver with the departure of Ochocinco and Owens, however, a Quarterback is a bigger need because of the potential strike by Palmer. Gabbert would be an excellent candidate to take over the reigns.
5. Arizona Cardinals – North Carolina DE, *Robert Quinn
- The Cardinals have old, non-productive guys playing Outside Linebacker in their 3-4 defense. In order to take things to the next level, they must address the position. Most look at Robert Quinn as a 4-3 Defensive End, but I think he’ll excel in the Cardinals 3-4 scheme.
There are some shockers that I’m sure people will love and hate. Continue on to see the rest.