This is the ideal situation for the Browns with the tenth pick in the draft.
More from With the First Pick
- Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence currently lead the NFL in rookie jersey sales
- Eagles: DeVonta Smith could be this year’s version of Justin Jefferson
- 2022 NFL Draft: Matt Corral could be a first-round candidate with strong season
- 2022 NFL mock draft: 7 defenders crack the top 10 picks in recent simulation
- 2022 NFL mock draft: Run on quarterbacks early in round one
There are rumors that the Browns want to trade down and eventually select Boise State offensive tackle Ezra Cleveland with their first round selection. However, if Andrew Thomas finds himself on the board when the tenth pick in the 2020 NFL Draft rolls around, the Browns would be fools to pass up on the opportunity to pass up on him.
Thomas is a refined pass protector who can not only be a day-one starter, and be a stable presence for the next ten years in Cleveland. He is this writers’ OT1, but as the process has gone along, the likes of Jedrick Wills, Mekhi Becton, and Tristan Wirfs have surpassed him on many big boards.
After an abysmal year where Greg Robinson and Chris Hubbard let franchise quarterback Baker Mayfield down in 2019, the Browns went out and signed Jack Conklin to big money to play right tackle. Getting Thomas to be Conklin’s counterpart in Cleveland would be a home run for the Browns, Mayfield, and an incredible first pick for new general manager Andrew Berry.
With less than a week to go, we do not have to wait much longer to see what the Browns are going to do.