The first couple of days of free agency are over and the results have had a major impact on my latest 2017 NFL Mock Draft.
Below shows some major changes to my recent 2017 NFL Mock Draft based on the results of free agency.
1. Cleveland Browns- Myles Garrett, Edge, Texas A&M
The Browns haven’t done anything in free agency that suggests that they won’t select Garrett with the No. 1 pick. Garrett would be a great fit in Gregg Williams attacking style defense. Using this pick to land Jimmy Garoppolo is a far out there scenario.
2. San Francisco 49ers- Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
More from With the First Pick
- 2024 NFL Draft: Prospect Viewing Guide for Week 0
- 2024 NFL Draft: All Eyes On NFL Draft Defensive Prospects
- Player Spotlight: USC Safety Calen Bullock
- 2024 Senior Bowl Watchlist Announced
- 2024 NFL Draft: Florida State is Loaded with Prospect in 2023
San Francisco made some nice moves to plug holes in their roster, but this is still a team in a long-term rebuild. Solomon Thomas would give the 49ers an edge rusher who would work well alongside DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead.
3. Chicago Bears- Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
Chicago missed out on all the big-name cornerback free agents like A.J. Bouye and Stephon Gilmore. Cornerback is a major area of need and Lattimore has the upside to be a lock down defender.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars- Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
Jacksonville’s moves in free agency have left their roster with little holes. The one major need they have is along the offensive line but no prospect would fit the value of this pick. Fournette would serve as a best player available pick.
5. Tennessee Titans (via Rams)- Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
Tennessee has been linked to Dont’a Hightower and if they can’t land him they could target a fellow Alabama linebackeri in Reuben Foster.