The Redskins have a chance to take one of the best edge rushers that the NFL has ever seen or trade back in the 2020 NFL Draft and gain draft capable.
The Washington Redskins could be looking like a brand new team next season, and have some pieces and the 2020 NFL Draft capital to make a record change next season. The Redskins also signed former head coach of the Carolina Panthers Ron Rivera. Rivera will change the culture of the Redskins, that is what that culture needed to become a team that would like to compete in the NFC East.
The Washington Redskins are the owners of the second overall pick in this year’s draft. The Redskins are the biggest candidate to trade down in the draft to get multiple first round picks for either this draft or future drafts. If the Redskins decided to keep the second overall pick, they will probably go with the Ohio State defensive end in Chase Young, the generational talent. The Redskins are one most interesting teams during this draft process, no one knows what the Redskins are going to do. I guess we will have to wait and see if they trade out of the second overall pick on April 23.
More from With the First Pick
- 2021 NFL Draft: 5 Big Ten prospects with most to gain as season begins
- Washington Football Team resets with Justin Fields in 2021 NFL Mock Draft
- Eagles: Expect to see more Jalen Hurts during Thursday Night Football
- 2021 NFL Draft: 5 cornerback prospects on the rise led by Jaycee Horn
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft: Browns replace Baker Mayfield, Jaycee Horn rises
Head Coach: Ron Rivera
General Manager/VP of Player Personnel: Kyle Smith
2019 Record: (3-13)
2020 Draft Picks
Round 1, Pick 2
Round 3, Pick 66
Round 4, Pick 108
Round 4, Pick 142 (Compensatory Pick)
Round 5, Pick 148
Round 7, Pick 216
Round 7, Pick 229